Barnes & Noble, Nook App
The Barnes & Noble Nook app is a closed app which means that kids can go to the app and read the books that you have purchased for them but they cannot go to the B&N store and see inappropriate books.
- You need a B&N account to use the Nook Kids app.
- There were 10+ pages of free books for kids at B&N. I selected 33 and added them to my cart. When I was done I selected BUY and all 23 of them were added to my Nook for Kids app which was set up with the same username and password I use in the B&N store.
- Many of the free books are sample chapters only
- For a single page view turn the iPad vertically, for two pages use it horizontally
- Hold down on a word to get a definition, highlight or add a note.
- Brightness, line spacing, font size and style can be modified
- Some books have a “read to me” feature and you can search for them specifically under the “Nook Books” tab. Free samples, Fun Facts About Pets